What we will teach you in Core Java
- Programming language
- Computer Programming Hierarchy.
- How Computer Architecture
- Why Java?
- Flavors of Java.
- Java Designing Goal.
- Role of Java Programmer in Industry.
- Features of Java Language.
- JVM – The heart of Java
- Java’s Magic Byte code
- The Java Environment
- Installing Java.
- Java Program Development
- Java Source File Structure
- Basic Language Elements
- Lexical Tokens, Identifiers
- Keywords, Literals, Comm ents
- Primitive Data types, Operators
Object Oriented Programming
- Class Fundamentals
- Object & Object reference
- Object Life time & Garbage Collection.
- Creating and Operating Objects
- Constructor & initialization code block.
- Access Control, Modifiers, methods
- Nested , Inner Cla ss &Anonymous Classes
- Abstract Class & Interfaces
- Defining Methods, Argument Passing Mechanism
- Method Overloading, Recursion.
- Dealing with Static Members. Finalize () Method.
- Native Method. Use of “ this “reference.
- Use of Modifiers with Class es & Methods.
- Design of Assessors and Mutator Methods
- Cloning Objects, shallow and deep cloning
- Generic Class Types
Extending Classes and Inheritance
- Use and Benefits of Inheritance in OOP
- Types of Inheritance in Java
- Inheriting Data Members and Methods
- Role of Constructors in inheritance
- Use of “super”.
- Polymorphism in inheritance.
- Type Compatibility and Conversion
- Implementing interfaces
- Organizing C lasses and I nterfaces in Packages.
- Package as Access Protection
- Defining Package.
- CLASSPATH Setting for Packages.
- Making JAR Files for Library Packages
- Import and Static Import
- Naming Convention For Packages
- The Idea behind Exception
- Exceptions & Errors
- Types of Exception
- Control Flow In Exceptions
- JVM reaction to Exceptions
- Use of try, catch, finally, throw, throws in Exception Handling.
- In - built and User Defined Exceptions
- Checked and Un - Checked Exceptions
Array & String:
- Defining an Array
- Initializing & Accessing Array
- Multi – Dimensional Array
- Operation on String
- Mutable & Immutable String
- Using Collection Bases Loop for String
- Tokenizing a String
- Creating String s using String Buffer